Okay, the undefeated-at-home streak ends at 11 matches. It was fun while it lasted but given that our last road game was a win, maybe that’ll start a new streak something. Or is this wishful thinking?
Anyway, we’ll cross that river when we get to it. Let’s talk about Sunday’s fixture when the Purple of Orlando City SC came to town.
1. FS1 Curse > recent home form…Count this as our seventh straight losses on FS1. Smh…
2. Cyle Larin: nine goals in seven appearances against New York City FC, a rate of 1.29 goals per match. Right…hopefully we know what to do next time…
3. This is a stat that Chris Magalee is keeping track of. So far this season, NYCFC has not conceded a goal after subbing out Andrea Pirlo, including this match. Scary.
4. All losses this season so far have a goal differential of only -1. City has only equalized once this season so far, against San Jose (and went on to win that match 2-1).
6. Still four points better off this season that last season and the season before (each season, we lost match 7).
7. Despite not converting most of the chances created, NYC has scored at least one goal in the last six matches. (But to win, it seems like scoring at least two goals is the way to do it.)
Let’s just move on to Saturday. It’s not a bad loss, but I still don’t want to dwell on this. On to the next one. We’re in Columbus Crew SC territory next. Let’s see if can win on their turf for the first time.
Can’t we get a streak longer than 11 next time?