So many things to say “FINALLY!” to. This is probably what everybody was waiting for. A lot to talk about here. Let’s get right into it.
1. First away victory for NYCFC over Orlando City. FINALLY!
2. First loss for Orlando City in their new stadium. FINALLY!
3. As stated in the post-match recap, we’ve had to wait 372 days (one year and a week) to FINALLY get three points in a nationally broadcast match on the FOX network (FOX or FS1).
4. City FINALLY gets a second win over Orlando.
5. August 29, 2016 was the last time Cyle Larin did not make the box score. (We still lost that game, but let’s not talk about that.)
6. Sean Johnson registered a third clean sheet of the campaign, saving both of Orlando’s shots on target. This clean sheet, by the way, is the first over Orlando. (Here it comes again…) FINALLY!
7. Check out how City’s doing this year compared to the two previous campaigns:
8. City is tied for second with Houston Dynamo and Portland Timbers on goals scored (22). Only Atlanta United has scored more (24).
9. City is fourth in goals conceded (13). FC Dallas (7), Sporting Kansas City (9), and Toronto FC (12) take the top three.
The next couple of facts come from @OptaJack on Twitter:
10. David Villa registered his 12th brace for NYCFC. There have been 16 braces scored in City history.
11. City has ten regular season away wins since the start of 2016. Toronto FC, at nine away wins, is the only other team to have more than seven.
This from the FS1 broadcast:
12. This result is the largest margin of victory for City for an away match.
13. Some great news coming from inonit.com: 90.89% chance of making playoffs with a 49.52% chance of being in the top two in the conference and getting the first round bye. The website also has City as the second highest chance in the league of winning Supporters’ Shield at 21.42%, the highest chance of winning MLS Cup at 15.68%, and the highest chance of Champions League qualification at 60.14%. (SMH in wonder and awe of what could be coming our way!)
Man…it would be a challenge to keep this up. But I believe this club can do it! A big test coming up on Sunday as we play Atlanta United at home. Can we sweep them?
Hey, I’m not as scared going into this Atlanta match as I was going into the first one.