Welcome to Episode 138 of the NYCFC Nation Podcast. New York City FC headed to the west coast to play against the LA Galaxy and for those fans who stayed up saw two amazing goals scored by Jonathan Lewis and our MVP David Villa. On paper, with a score of 2-0, it would appear NYC controlled the match but that would be a lie. If it wasn’t for Sean Johnson‘s amazing goalkeeping performance the score would have been different. Jordan Griffith joins the show to discuss the match plus we discuss the training sessions heading into Sunday’s match. We analyse certain NYCFC player performances, look into the match against the New England Revolution and take your questions.
Twitter questions provided by our Nation fans:
- Opinions on the Sean Johnson trade now that we’re so far into the season? Also favorite save against LA.
- Defenders: The good, the bad and the ugly … and the #NotSo Brillant. The most focused and troublesome backline combos.
- Who replaces Alex Ring in the line up against the Revs? He is gonna be hard to replace.
- Seems like Patrick Vieira learned not to park the bus (hopefully). Do you think we see a formation change against the revs with ring out? Maybe 3-4-3?
- I can’t find a list of podcasts sorted by recently released anywhere O_O
- Any potential consequence from NYCFC’s lack of big moves before end of transfer window? Is Vieira displeased 3 players weren’t picked up?
- Are we spoiled as NYC residents with what we expect from this team?
- Looking at the 2018 season ticket prices with the renewal dates fast approaching, what will you do?
Listen in and follow up with us on twitter @NYCFCpodcast.
NYCFCNation138 Show link: http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/08/rookie-mvp-and-s…son-shines-oh-my/
Like listening to the NYCFC Nation Podcast?
If so, please let us know by leaving a 5 star rating and review to help other New York City FC fans find the podcast. Click here to leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts or here to leave one on Stitcher!
Episode Photo Credit: Juan Carlos Rubiano (IG: OhCitySaidI)