Real Name: Sean Johnson
Date of Birth: May 31, 1989
Birthplace: Atlanta, GA
Sean Johnson Player History
- Acquired: From Atlanta United FC for General Allocation Money and Target Allocation Money on December 11, 2016.
- Made New York City FC debut on March 5, 2017 against Orlando City SC.
- Started and made 178 appearances over seven seasons with the Chicago Fire.
- Named Chicago Fire’s 2014 MVP and Defensive Player of the Year. Logged six shutouts and 96 saves in 33 matches started.
- Has logged one playoff appearance in the 2012 MLS Cup Playoffs. Recorded four saves in a 2-1 loss to the Houston Dynamo in an Eastern Conference Knockout Round.
- Recorded five caps with the United States Men’s National Team. Made first cap as a halftime substitute in a friendly match against Chile on January 22, 2011
- Part of the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup winning U.S. National Team. Made his first national team start in the final match of the group stage against Costa Rica, recording a shutout in a 1-0 victory.
- Played Collegiate soccer at Central Florida, recording seven shutouts and 191 saves in 37 career games. Represented the United States at the U-20 level while at Central Florida.
Sean Johnson Player Highlight Video